Getting to No Unplanned Downtime
When big machines go down suddenly due to unexpected issues, the impact to industrial operators can be substantial. An unplanned repair is costly, but of greater importance is the lost revenue opportunity during periods of extended downtime:
- Interrupted oil output when well production is taken offline suddenly
- Airline schedule delays and cancellations for unexpected aircraft repairs
- Customer and public perception issues from power outages
Industrial companies are taking action with predictive maintenance to avoid the effects of unplanned downtime.
Analytics for Bottom-Line Impact
Machine sensors and sophisticated monitoring systems are capturing a wealth of data from a broad spectrum of industrial equipment. Industrial companies are using big data for real productivity and profitability gains – from asset to operations optimization. These innovations include:
- Increased profitability with greater turbine power at an LNG plant
- Greater ore production from mining operations
- Improved patient experience with efficient hospital operations to speed care delivery
With GE Predictivity, big data analytics that help companies drive bottom-line results are a reality for industrial companies – today and every day.
Advanced Technologies for Business Results
Industrial companies are seeing opportunities with the use of new technologies that are paving the way to better business decisions and ultimately, greater profitability. Petabytes of big data, garnered from intelligent machine sensors, advanced analytics, new mobility strategies, data visualization, and cloud configurations are changing the operating landscape of today’s industrial companies.
Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies 2014"